Sunday, March 3, 2013

Natural Medicine and Prescription Medication in Review


  • Medicine- Any substance administered in the treatment of disease; a remedial agent; a medication; a medicament; a remedy; physic.
By medicine, life may be prolonged.
It is the days like these, when the pain is so bad I vomit, and even if I was able to swallow them down, I couldnt take enough pain killers to ease this pain without killing myself, that I thank the earth for its remedy to help ease even if just a little. Because this is not living, constant severe pain, All The Time... This is Not Living.
I am an artist of many forms, by eye, ear, body, and mind. But through the pain it was difficult to even form such a simple statement of a physical feeling, for my body was resisting any action or be it a nonaction, standing or sitting or the movement and thought process to get from one to the other. Not because one was better, but simply, it was a change.
It is such an incredable change, in body, mind, and truely my spirit. I feel invigorated. In comparison to simply 20- 30 minutes ago, where I was'nt able to make any movement or non-movement without pain but I had to. So I did. Because I will always do what I Have to Do. But I want to be able to enjoy the things I have to do and be able to do the things I Want to Do....And now today, I might not be on my A game persay, but I Am On My Game, NOW. Where as before...
This is the reason I advicate so much for the legalization, decriminalization, and fight againt steriotypes. I dont even feel like the same person from when I awoke. I feel...Better, thats it simply better. I am functionall now. I will proceed with my day, not without pain, but I will proceed with it in a productive way. My children deserve an involved mom not just a drone feeding them when its time.
**Side note: Total time lapse before during after: Approximately 1hour with time spared inbetween to make eggs and sausage for my two oldest, make a bottle feed my infant, start the two oldest out on an art project, make some coffee, drink some coffee, change the baby...again, excuse me  a moment...


Think marijuana laws will never change in the U.S.?
······ 81% support MEDICAL MARIJUANA
····· 72% support NO JAIL TIME for MARIJUANA
········ 50% support LEGALIZING MARIJUANA


  • mar·i·jua·na noun \ˌmer-ə-ˈwä-nə, ˌma-rə- also -ˈhwä-\ 
noun    (Medical Dictionary)

Medical Definition of MARIJUANA

1
: hemp 1

2
: the dried leaves and flowering tops of the pistillate hemp plant that yield THC and are sometimes smoked in cigarettes for their intoxicating effect—compare bhang,   cannabis,   hashish

Variants of MARIJUANA
mar·i·jua·na alsomar·i·hua·na\ˌmar-ə-ˈwän-ə also -ˈhwän-\

marijuana
noun    (Concise Encyclopedia)

Indian hemp plant (Cannabis sativa) or the crude drug made of its dried and crushed leaves or flowers. The active ingredient is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Also called pot, grass, and weed, the drug has long been used as a sedative or analgesic; it was in use in China by the 3rd millennium BC and had reached Europe by AD 500. Today it is used worldwide, though it has been generally illegal at least since the International Opium Convention of 1925. Its psychological and physical effects, including mild euphoria and alterations in vision and judgment, vary with strength and amount consumed, the setting, and the user's experience. Chronic use is not physically habit-forming but may be mildly psychologically habit-forming. Marijuana has been shown to be medically therapeutic for patients with glaucoma, AIDS, and the side effects of chemotherapy; in 2001 Canada became the first country to legalize the use of marijuana by people with terminal illnesses and chronic conditions. Supporters of legalization claim that it is a more benign drug than alcohol; opponents contend that it is addictive and leads to use of more serious drugs. A resin from the plant is the source of hashish.
  • 1nar·cot·ic
noun \när-ˈkä-tik\
a: a drug (as opium or morphine) that in moderate doses dulls the senses, relieves pain, and induces profound sleep but in excessive doses causes stupor, coma, or convulsions b: a drug (as marijuana or LSD) subject to restriction similar to that of addictive narcotics whether physiologically addictive and narcotic or not 2: something that soothes, relieves, or lulls  
 Examples of NARCOTIC
  1. narcotic that inures these religious fanatics from any realization of the harm they have done>
Origin of NARCOTICMiddle English narkotik, from Middle French narcotique, from narcotique,adjective, from Medieval Latin narcoticus, from Greek narkōtikos, from narkoun to benumb, fromnarkē numbness  First Known Use: 14th century 2narcotic adjective
  Examples of NARCOTIC
  1. narcotic effect on people>
  2. narcotic monotone that eventually had the entire class struggling to stay awake>
First Known Use of NARCOTIC1526 narcotic noun (Concise Encyclopedia)
Drug that produces analgesia (see analgesic), narcosis (stupor or sleep), and drug addiction. In most people narcotics also produce euphoria. Those that occur naturally in the opium poppy, notably morphine, have been used since ancient Greek times. The main therapeutic use of narcotics is for pain relief. Most countries limit the production, sale, and use of narcotics because of their addictive properties and detrimental effects and the incidence of drug abuse. With the development in the 19th century of the hypodermic needle and of heroin, five to 10 times as potent as morphine, the use and abuse of narcotics increased dramatically. A narcotic overdose can cause central nervous system depression, respiratory failure, and death.
 1phar·ma·ceu·ti·cal adjective \ˌfär-mə-ˈsü-ti-kəl\  : of, relating to, or engaged in pharmacy or the manufacture and sale of pharmaceuticals pharmaceutical company> — phar·ma·ceu·ti·cal·ly \-ti-k(ə-)lē\adverb .
Drug that produces analgesia (see analgesic), narcosis (stupor or sleep), and drug addiction. In most people narcotics also produce euphoria. Those that occur naturally in the opium poppy, notably morphine, have been used since ancient Greek times. The main therapeutic use of narcotics is for pain relief. Most countries limit the production, sale, and use of narcotics because of their addictive properties and detrimental effects and the incidence of drug abuse. With the development in the 19th century of the hypodermic needle and of heroin, five to 10 times as potent as morphine, the use and abuse of narcotics increased dramatically. A narcotic overdose can cause central nervous system depression, respiratory failure, and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment